Is Your Lawn Thirsty? With warm weather upon us some homeowners are already experiencing drought conditions directly impacting the health of their lawns. There are several things you can do to preserve your lawn and sustain its health throughout this dry, hot season. One excellent way is by using Lush Lawn’s Water Maximizer lawn treatment.
Here are some tips on how to water your lawn during this situation:
• The optimal time to water your lawn is early morning or late evening, as this minimizes the evaporation of the water through wind and/or sun.
• Typically, you should be watering your lawn 2 to 4 times per week and more often (doubling) when the weather is hot and dry.
• The general rule of thumb is that your lawn needs about 1 to 1.5 inches of water per week in order to maintain its health and growth.
• Maintaining the appropriate mowing height for your grass is also important as it helps to not only conserve water, but works in conjunction with proper watering habits to stay healthy. The recommended height to mow is between 3 to 3.5 inches throughout the summer months.
• Also, leaving the grass clippings on your lawn helps to cool down your lawn as well as keeping the moisture in the soil. This also allows the nutrients to go back into your turf from the clippings.
• Be careful of overwatering your lawn, as that can compromise the health of your lawn and result in possible fungus growth and common lawn diseases to show up.
• When your grass is underwatered, there will be a slight change in the green color to a blue-gray tint. This is just before it starts to turn brown and dry up.
At Lush Lawn, we offer a Water Maximizer lawn treatment that is an organic solution to help loosen the soil and increase water penetration, allowing for a small amount of water to have a bigger impact. This treatment, with proper watering, will keep your lawn healthier throughout drought conditions, and help retain the color of your lawn.
So save some money and your lawn this summer by giving us a call today to learn more about our Water Maximizer lawn treatment!
Subscribe by Email
December 13, 2023
December 7, 2023
September 15, 2023
September 8, 2023