- Root Problems – Grass needs oxygen to grow, & receiving too much water can produce air gaps in the soil, which can drown and kill your lawn.
- Fungal Damage – Too much water can cause grass roots to rot & can cause disease (often seen as yellow patterns in your grass; once lawn disease occurs, a lawn diagnosis is needed, and an aeration & over-seed is recommended in the fall.
- Loss of Nutrients – If your lawn gets too much water, important nutrients are washed away and then cannot be absorbed into the root system.
- More Fertilizer is Needed – Because your grass isn’t getting the nutrients it needs, you’ll have to use additional fertilizer to try and compensate.
- Poor Root Growth – Grass roots that don’t have to go far below the surface to find water can’t handle dry conditions, leading to brown and damaged portions of the lawn.
- More Insect Problems – When your grass has a shallow root system, the grass becomes stressed, making it much more likely to receive damage from insects and the aforementioned disease issues.
- More weeds – Heavy rain can cause your lawn to grow many weeds, that are often difficult to fight.
Planning for the future is the best way to counter act too much rain hurting your lawn, we have locations in Grand Blanc, Rochester Hills, Saginaw, Plymouth and Brighton, contact us today for a free quote on lawn care that will help combat the rain!
Some of our lawn care services include: lawn fertilizing services, lawn aeration services, weed control services, organic lawn care services, and more. Let Lush Lawn defend you against Mother Nature!
Lush Lawn Reviews
“We have used Lush Lawn for almost three years at our present location. We have always received excellent service and care…” Read More